Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Celebrating Sunflowers

 
As August comes to an end,
And steps into September,
The days shrinking smaller,
The shadows falling longer,
Just when I'm starting to think
Summer's almost over,
I see a stand of sunflowers
All in a shiny row,
Tall and golden,
Happy and smiling,
Beaming faces following the sun,
From his rising to his setting,
They follow him along,
Praying, worshipping,
Till the last ray is gone,
And then they sigh and turn,
To wait for another dawn.
 -Saiisha, 2013
 
 


I felt like I found gold when I found these happy faces in my new garden,
but this little bumble bee found real gold: 


I brought in a couple and set them on the windowsill
and they make me smile every time I see them smile.

2 comments:

  1. Reading and following along, enjoying your every post. Perfect happiness in the littlest things, space and stillness. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hearing from you Mangala, and thanks for following along :) I try to pause and notice the little things hoping that the big things will take care of themselves!

    ReplyDelete