Monday, July 25, 2011

Rest, Respite, and Relaxation

Sharing pictures from my vacation on a lake...

the lake is set in a valley of the Adirondack mountains...
 we stayed at a charming little house for a week...
had coffees by the lake every morning...
kayaked in the quiet waters everyday...
 read books in the middle of the lake some evenings
did yoga by the lake in the mornings...
went on long walks with my sister...
along trails filled with flowers...
picked wild flowers...
for the kitchen window sill...
(yes, we had a kitchen too - here's our make-shift pantry)

went on a hike to the top of a mountain
built a pile of rocks on the edge overlooking the lake...
maybe someday I might to get to build a little house on top of a mountain for real :)

It was a blissful vacation, a getaway from my life, a place to play and dream, a place to pause for sun and solitude, a place that was warm and welcoming, a place that could call me back someday!

1 comment: