Monday, May 27, 2013

The Little Log Cabin at the Lake

With much sighing, I'm back from a lovely, languorous, luxury of a retreat at a lake cabin in Virginia.

 
The luxury is of the abundance of nature set on the banks of a 60 acre lake, of space - 30 acres of woodlands, of solitude - a 20 minute long gravel driveway crossing 3 locked gates, and of near complete isolation.

 
The languor was of days of doing nothing, seeing no other human being, hearing no traffic; just lounging on the big porch and letting the world leave me behind.
 

The loveliness was of Virginia wildlife - birds, beavers, bullfrogs; books - for lots of reading, a canoe to float along in the soft water, and trails for picking wildflowers.

 
After all that pampering by Mother Nature, it is so hard to come back to reality. Even though I'm revived and refreshed, the kinks in my neck and back gone, I'm so longing for the time to go back into the woods for good! 

2 comments: