Monday, August 15, 2011

One Lake, Many Moods

I took these pictures when we vacationed at a lake house in July. The words are from William B Yeats' poem: The Lake Isle of Innisfree

I will rise and go now, and go to Innisfree

And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made

Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee

And live alone in the bee-loud glade













And I shall have some peace there,

for peace comes dropping slow

Dropping from the veils of the morning to
 

where the cricket sings: There midnight's all aglimmer













And noon a purple glow

And evening full of the linnet's wings

I will arise and go now, for always night and day

I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore
  while I stand on the roadways, or on the pavements grey
I hear it in the deep heart's core

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous. One of my fav poems as it happens. The photos are stunning and I can clearly see a grand bit of Yeat in you. Love your time with Mother Nature. - ABs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought the Yeats poem was a perfect find for my pictures, Thank you. I can see why it's your favorite too - reminds me of your Heidi days a bit :)

    As for the photos, I just have to say, I'm no Abir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell the fresh air, feel the breezes, hear the silence. I'm sure it felt like heaven on earth. Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a beautiful experience Don! Hey, Thanks for pushing the page-views to over a 1000!

    ReplyDelete