Monday, September 26, 2011

As Without, So Within

A foggy fuzzy September morning
 Misty, murky, mostly gloomy

My vision is blurry - I only see faintly
Down the boulevard of broken boughs, their elbows bony,
Spindly arms cracking their whips, tightening their grips,
Onward, inward, forward, wayward

Until I feel blind and backward,
Frail and awkward

All I see is but a fragile path ahead
And some brassy baubles along the way I tread

I pick them as I go, compile my piles
I revel in my pretty possessions, wreathed in smiles
They are here today, gone tomorrow
And yet for now, I am fooled by their glow

When I finally look up I know I'm lost
In the endless fog, I hadn't noticed where my roads had crossed

I keep going anyway, fallen, lost, adrift, astray
Until I see a little ray, of hope, of promise, in all this grey

It's but a brief relief - a spot to rest
In a borrowed nest, just as a guest, 

But tomorrow - tomorrow I start again green, 
I won't stop for any brassy sheen
I'll keep going until I find the gold
I'll keep going until it's the Sun I behold

2 comments:

  1. lovely pictures and poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I struggled with it a bit, and I think it shows, but the good thing about a blog is that it's editable :)

    ReplyDelete