Monday, June 13, 2011

Homemade Chamomile Tea


I remember sowing some chamomile seeds a couple of years ago in a pot, but unfortunately, they had never established. So it was a lovely surprise when I realized this plant that grew out of nowhere in my garden this year, is in fact chamomile! It is a healthy plant, and the little daisy like flowers are cheerful to look at too. I love chamomile tea at the end of the day - it's so soothing, it makes me feel sleepy almost instantly, so I thought I'd try to make fresh chamomile tea out of these flowers, and it turned out lovely, better than the store bought kind.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
a small handful of chamomile flowers
honey

Preparation:
Bring water to a boil.
Put in chamomile flowers and continue boiling the water for another minute or so.
Remove from heat, and let the flowers steep in the hot water for another minute.
Add honey.
(You can add lemon juice too if you like, but I prefer without)
Relax, Sip, Enjoy!

2 comments: